How did I come into TeX? I used it to typeset my PhD thesis.
It was the strangeness of TeX that I found challenging and interesting. I hate
\let because they can cause havoc. Unfortunately,
\newcommand offers no means to protect and privatize commands. It’s a miracle that TeX has survived despite
\let. TeX doesn’t impose a programming style and it is regrettable that LuaTeX hasn’t corrected this situation.
My packages on CTAN include catoptions, keyreader, keyval2e, ltxkeys, pgfkeyx, skeyval, loops, xwatermark, storecmd, ltxtools, and newenviron.
Preston, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 2 months
8 profile views
Last seen May 23 '13 at 12:43
Top network posts
- 22 Making a "For Loop"
- 19 How does TeX handle \else and \fi in conditionals?
- 16 The '.is if' handler of pgfkeys
- 16 What is the problem with nested environments using \BODY (environ package)?
- 15 Why does \hss fail?
- 14 An unexpected outcome from PGF's \foreach
- 14 How to create a command with key values?
- View more network posts →