Industrial Ecologist with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. It would seem, from my perspective, that the principal reason for using TeX is to annoy one's colleagues. The secondary reason is to provide procrastination activities. I am the last surviving user of PStricks (and, by extention, plain-LaTeX). I have never run pdf.*tex nor usedpackage pgf or tikz. This makes me a curmudgeon, even by LaTeX-user standards.
I filled out this section expressly to earn the "autobiographer" merit badge. BTW- merit badges and reputation? I feel like a cub scout playing Zork.
Maybe there should be a "shooting yourself in the foot by insisting on using obsolete packages" merit badge.
Santa Barbara, CA
Member for 9 years, 1 month
3 profile views
Last seen Feb 15 at 18:41
Top network posts
- 55 Is it \catcode or \catcode`?
- 45 The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header contains multiple values
- 27 How do I use \show?
- 23 Are there any downsides to sharing a successful proposal with others?
- 21 "Pretty-printing" numbers redux: engineering notation
- 15 How do I [simply] typeset a bibliography as a separate PDF?
- 11 Best way to generate a nice function plots in LaTeX?
- View more network posts →