I'm a researcher in satellite remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
When using a personal pronoun to refer to me in English, I prefer the pronoun he/him/his. I will not feel offended if you use another pronoun of your choice.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
- Travel 43.3k 43.3k 1414 gold badges113113 silver badges249249 bronze badges
- Politics 36.5k 36.5k 1111 gold badges102102 silver badges222222 bronze badges
- Academia 36.4k 36.4k 1313 gold badges112112 silver badges182182 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 23.9k 23.9k 1010 gold badges7171 silver badges173173 bronze badges
- Skeptics 16.7k 16.7k 1313 gold badges7373 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 233 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 192 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 139 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 119 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →