Professional software engineer. Free, Libre, & Open Source Software fan. Automate all the things! I live in Emacs (as much as possible).
Have my answers helped you? The most important thing you can do is upvote useful answers, and, if the answer is for your question and solves your problem, accept the answer. If you see a problem with one of my answers, feel free to edit it or leave a comment.
If you've done all that and want to do more, here's how you can support me financially:
- Become a patron on Patreon
- (Eventually I'll add more methods here, at least including Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Maybe even specific addresses for my most popular answers? If you have any specific requests here, feel free to send an email to
stackoverflow AT scott-weldon DOT com.)
You can also hire me on an consulting basis, whether that be for software development in general, or e.g. to help troubleshoot a Git problem that isn't a good fit for a Stack Overflow question. See the website for Weldon Software, or send an email to
sales AT weldonsoftware DOT io.
How to contact me:
- For help with the site (but not answering your question):
stackoverflow AT scott-weldon DOT com
- To talk about an open source project I run or contribute to:
open-source AT scott-weldon DOT com
- To hire me:
work AT scott-weldon DOT com. Be sure to check out my Developer Story!
- For anything else:
contact AT scott-weldon DOT com
- Stack Overflow 6.3k 6.3k 55 gold badges3434 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Emacs 2.2k 2.2k 1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 211 211 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Arqade 191 191 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Super User 181 181 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 75 How to maximize my Emacs frame on start-up?
- 69 GitHub keeps saying "This branch is X commits ahead, Y commits behind"
- 28 Mainline parent number when cherry picking merge commits
- 25 How to keep only head changes in a git rebase
- 21 How to change git submodules url locally?
- 17 How can I debug random Emacs server crashes?
- 14 Can I sync github issues and milestones with org-mode?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 2 '16