I'm a professor of linguistics at MIT. I work on meaning. I am also Associate Dean of MIT's School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. I have a wife, two kids, two cats, and a dog. I live in an intentional community (Mosaic Commons Cohousing) in Berlin, Massachusetts. I am a runner. I like soccer, a lot. I was born on a cold winter’s night in a small village on the Lüneburg Heath in Northern Germany.
Top network posts
- 33 Saving email as file in mutt?
- 13 Outside of Modern Hebrew, do any previously dead languages have native speakers again?
- 10 German is SOV: should it not have been "Ich ein Berliner bin"?
- 10 Distinguishing between epistemic and circumstantial readings (without recourse to temporality)?
- 6 Positive uses of vagueness and ambiguity in language
- 5 expex: box around phrase and its gloss
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.