I'm retired after a career as a physicist, first as an experimentalist in low-energy nuclear physics and then for 25 years at Fullerton College, a community college in Southern California. I have an undergrad degree from Berkeley in math and physics and a PhD in physics from Yale. I'm a free-information and open-source enthusiast, and I've written a series of math and physics textbooks, which are on my web site. The URLs of my web site and github page are lited next to the icons on the right. As of August 2021, I'm working on learning enough Greek to read Homer, as well as fawning over my dogs and going running and rock climbing as often as possible.
- MathOverflow 4.1k 4.1k 2222 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 4k 4k 1818 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Latin Language 1.8k 1.8k 33 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 549 549 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Super User 469 469 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 49 Do oysters feel pain?
- 41 Did Leibniz really get the Leibniz rule wrong?
- 33 Recommended workflow? LaTeX -> ePub with math viewable on iPad
- 31 What did Rolle prove when he proved Rolle's theorem?
- 27 Mathematical description of TeX's infinite numbers?
- 23 What recent programmes to alter highly-entrenched mathematical terminology have succeeded, and under what conditions do they tend to succeed or fail?
- 22 What is the status of the Hilbert 6th problem?
- View more network posts →