Formerly staff specialist, composition systems, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (retired 8 February 2019)
Formerly maintainer of AMS-LaTeX, AMS-TeX, and AMSFonts bug/request lists, at firstname.lastname@example.org (use that address for reporting bugs in AMS document classes)
TeX Users Group, founding board member; editor, TUGboat
former TeX entomologist (bug collector) for Donald Knuth's Computers & Typesetting, until 31 December 2014
formerly symbol collector for the STIX project, and conduit to Unicode for math symbols. I retain some connections to Unicode committee contacts, and can still offer some assistance.
NOTE: answers to questions prior to 8 February 2019 are posted in lowercase unless i was answering in an official capacity for my employer. The reasons are given in the last item in an interview on the TeX Users Group web site.
Providence, RI, USA
Member for 8 years, 7 months
582 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 120 No hyphen for a word
- 113 \dots versus \ldots - is there a difference?
- 107 LaTeX vs Word; improvements of LaTeX over the years
- 91 Typesetting before TeX and computers?
- 70 How can I set the page number to any needed value?
- 66 Non italic text in theorems, definitions, examples
- 57 how to suppress "Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) ... while \output is active"?
- View more network posts →