I have been affected to computers ever since I first did get my hands on an old Windows 3.11 machine at the age of 8. Well, let's say starting then I always tried to expand my knowledge. While I still am not a typical wizard at some topic, I believe I have collected a fair amount of knowledge over various areas.
These includes all of the three major desktop operating systems being used those days (with Windows being the least favored one and all Linux distributions counted as one single systems), as well as quite a lot of programming languages.
In my later years I decided to study mathematics, which helped me to sharpen my logical reasoning and develop a toolset of problem solving methods.
In 2011 I finished my M. Sc. in Maths and started working as a data- and process analyst at one of Germany's major companies.
In parallel I am working part-time on my PhD, researching one practical application for B-Splines and the methods that can be used for that.
Right now the languages and applications I use frequently are MATLAB, R and C++, as well as LaTeX, if one wants to call that a programming language (well, it's Turing-complete, isn't it?). Furthermore, I started getting used to Emacs and loving it - here, though, I'm only scratching on the surface.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 15 '17 at 13:33
- Stack Overflow 7.4k 7.4k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 488 488 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 338 338 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Mathematics 255 255 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 235 235 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 52 How to create a list with names but no entries in R/Splus?
- 39 how to access global/outer scope variable from R apply function?
- 30 Calling template function within template class
- 16 Cumulative sum in a matrix
- 13 Mutliple inputs with line breaking
- 11 Given a vector, return a list of all combinations up to size n
- 9 Force MATLAB to reload library linked in mex function
- View more network posts →