I am a former moderator of the Christianity and Biblical Hermeneutics Stack Exchange sites who resigned in protest because I could no longer in good faith support the parent company with my volunteer time when they are enforcing conformity to ideologies openly antagonistic to my beliefs and because their treatment of other volunteer moderators has been reprehensibly poor.
I am a scripting language connoisseur, regular expression aficionado, network geek, general lover of Linux and a frequent contributor to open source software. I transitioned to programming from other work because I was too busy automating my own work environment to actually do the other work. I have a hobby interest in cartography. For more see my personal site. Most importantly, my life is defined by the grace of God given to men through Jesus Christ. It is my ambition that everything I do would reflect His glory and point people towards Him.
- Unix & Linux 60.3k 60.3k 1313 gold badges179179 silver badges213213 bronze badges
- Christianity 36.6k 36.6k 2020 gold badges137137 silver badges276276 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 22.6k 22.6k 1010 gold badges6565 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Server Fault 10.8k 10.8k 44 gold badges3333 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 5.3k 5.3k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 395 Remap "Home" and "End" to beginning and end of line
- 313 What is the difference between `grep`, `egrep`, and `fgrep`?
- 250 Why taking responsibility for other people's feelings doesn't work
- 213 What is a feminine version of 'guys'?
- 178 How do I know if dd is still working?
- 175 Is there a tool to get the lines in one file that are not in another?
- 165 Why do consoles sometimes hang forever when SSH connection breaks?
- View more network posts →