I'm an economist by training. I've used LaTeX since 1991, ever since I wrote a couple of working papers with an early version of LaTeX. I continue to use LaTeX for my own working papers, journal articles, and some of my other professional publications.
I am the principal author of the selnolig package, which lets users automatically suppress typographic ligatures that are inappropriate because they span morpheme boundaries, for both English and German language texts.
I once edited an entire conference proceedings volume in LaTeX. This was a fabulous learning experience, especially as I got to work closely with a professional book designer from a very early stage of the editing and publication process. For another organization I used to work for, I wrote a LaTeX package to implement the style and layout requirements the organization had chosen to impose on working papers written by its professional staff (mostly its economists). This package (i) helped free up much of the authors' time that would otherwise have been wasted on figuring out how to implement the organization's stylistic requirements in LaTeX -- the guidelines had been written (unsurprisingly...) primarily for users of MS Word -- and (ii) actually convinced some of the organization's economists to make the switch from MS Word to LaTeX in order to write their working papers more efficiently.
[I've just been asked to write a minimal example. What's that?] (http://meta.tex.stackexchange.com/q/228/5001)
Member for 8 years, 11 months
402 profile views
Last seen 12 hours ago
- TeX - LaTeX 332.7k 332.7k 3434 gold badges458458 silver badges891891 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Academia 424 424 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Economics 410 410 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Chess 306 306 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 463 How to write “ä” and other umlauts and accented letters in bibliography?
- 303 Suggest a "nice" font family for my basic LaTeX template (text and math)
- 233 Show inline math as if it were display math (and vice versa)
- 227 What are the differences between $$, \[, align, equation and displaymath?
- 190 Is it wrong to use \clearpage instead of \newpage?
- 152 Creating unnumbered chapters/sections (plus adding them to the ToC and/or header)
- 140 How to cite a book chapter written by an author who is not the editor or author of the book with BibTeX?
- View more network posts →