TeX, Python etc. are my hobbies, sort of...
I quit all the mailing lists in 2012, because it wasn't to my liking anymore as I needed to preserve my emails to my work, I have also lost interest in Google Groups for the same reason. This format of TeX.SX suits me well, I wish I found it earlier, I was wondering where TeXists share their experiments and unfinished work next to CTAN, TUGboat, CSTUG Zpravodaj etc. where rather finished work is presented.
My contributions in the TeX world:
- I helped Michal Mádr with translation and polishing of the lshort-czech manual.
- My family and I helped Jano Kula & comp. with organizing the ConTeXt meetings in 2010 and 2013 hold in Brejlov near Prague.
- My colleagues (Zdeněk Wagner, Miloš Brejcha, Jan Šustek and many more), my family and I with support of CSTUG have organized the TeXperience conferences since 2008 (it has been rather local gathering of Czech and Slovak TeXists). I have no plans organizing it again (2014+). I used all my ideas and I think TeXists could go to a pub without my intervention.
- I helped with Zpravodaj of the CSTUG.
- These days I am responsible for the TeX section of the OSSConf conference which will take place in Žilina, Slovakia, July, 1-3, 2015. I am doing so since 2010 with Aleš Kozubík, present chief organizer of the conference.
- I was teaching TeX and friends at university in Zlín since around 2004. The faculty management cancelled my course in 2012 without noticing me in advance, so I left university after I had finished what needed to be accomplished.
- I published some books and articles about TeX, but the topics are not important.
- I was working on a book on TikZ+pgfplots, a small collection of older snippets is available at http://striz7.fame.utb.cz/courses/dep/, but I wasn't sure if it is a good idea to work on it anymore after discovering TeXample.
In my work, I am mixing the LaTeX format with the TeX primitives frequently. I keen to LuaLaTeX. I like that idea of learning modern programming language and doing some TeXing at the same time. My first testing project of computing something like 1200! used BigNum and BigRat libraries.
I am using all major graphics engines at a certain level: Metapost, PSTricks, Asymptote and TikZ+pgfplots. I welcomed tikzDevice library in R, TikZ3, I like export options in GeoGebra. I like many packages and dirty tricks.
The Python world: I like Sage, Sage notebook and an idea of the SageTeX created by Robert Mařík from Brno, the Czech Republic.
Now, let's get back to the (Lua)TeX world...
P.S. I can be reached at my display name at gmail dot com.
Top network posts
- 76 How to get intersection point(s) of two glyphs?
- 42 Automatic line-break in tabular
- 39 Want to make the Poster?
- 37 How to get intersection point(s) of two glyphs?
- 29 Writing source code in LaTeX as text
- 28 Complex ligatures in Devanāgarī
- 22 How to get intersection points of a self intersecting path?
- View more network posts →