Some personal TeXistory… If I remember correctly, I started using LyX in 2000 or 2001 (LyX 1.1), as that was the only sensible GUIy way to write in Hebrew on Linux back then; it was using LaTeX2e and heblatex. On 2004, I moved to using LaTeX and Unicode, and on 2007 I started using XeLaTeX.
I like the way LaTeX can broaden the possibilities of writing, I like the way it is shaped, I like the way it guides my workflow, I like the community, and of course I like the beautiful output.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 24 at 22:52
Top network posts
- 11 Is it possible to typeset the Ge'ez alphabet in LaTeX?
- 11 How to draw Young diagrams in LyX
- 10 vim's tab length is different for .py files
- 9 Stretching vertical space to evenly fit a part of the document within minimal number of pages
- 7 Mapping ‘space + character’ into ‘non-breaking space + character’
- 5 How can I change the default order between letters of an alphabet?
- 5 En-dash instead of two short dashes for page range in bibliography
- View more network posts →