Social scientist/applied statistician, and have worked in the welfare, health, justice, and defence areas of government. As well as analysis of administrative data, I have also designed and evaluated operational pilots (for cost and behavioural impacts), sometimes using an experimental design. Programmer in SAS and SPSS, and some VBA, now learning R. Some experience programming in discrete event simulation, with Arena. Soon to be learning to program agent-based models in RePast, using Java.
Currently a PhD student.
- Cross Validated 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 451 451 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- German Language 301 301 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Academia 131 131 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 44 Most interesting statistical paradoxes
- 33 Raw residuals versus standardised residuals versus studentised residuals - what to use when?
- 31 Who first used/invented p-values?
- 19 Is there a German word for a food that a person likes but is bad for their body?
- 16 Interpreting a negative confidence limit for a proportion
- 15 How to obtain the p-value (check significance) of an effect in a lme4 mixed model?
- 14 What is the difference between linear regression on y with x and x with y?
- View more network posts →