I love ; it nicely fills a niche created by my interests in free/open source software, statistics, and design/aesthetics. The results are simply amazing. I've used it for non-technical document typesetting, statistics homework, and typesetting equations.
editors I use:
- with the Gedit Plugin
- Notepad++ (the PortableApps.com version) is one I bring along to use when on a public computer.
Some other stuff related to that I use:
- The R Project for Statistical Computing + Sweave for statistics
- Tomboy with the plugin for note-taking and personal wiki
Types of equations I've used for:
- General mathematics (algebra, calculus)
- Actuarial formulas
- Word equations (like financial ratios)
Member for 9 years, 8 months
1 profile view
Last seen Dec 1 '16 at 16:37
- Cross Validated 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 1k 1k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Super User 583 583 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 570 570 44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 336 336 11 gold badge22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 88 Find expected value using CDF
- 21 How do I tell the R interpreter how to use the proxy server?
- 18 Use flalign or alignat or align or similar environment to align to the left
- 14 How can I compute Pearson's $\chi^2$ test statistic for lack of fit on a logistic regression model in R?
- 13 Can I play a Beer to no effect in Bang?
- 11 How can I compute Pearson's $\chi^2$ test statistic for lack of fit on a logistic regression model in R?
- 9 What is the term for a time series regression having more than one predictor?
- View more network posts →