I am a PhD candidate at the University of New South Wales. I love LaTeX because it makes my documents look fantastic and I can do all sorts of presentation and data-integration tricks that Word or OO users wouldn't be able to do in a million years, in particular, integrating R with LaTeX is a great combination.
I encourage my colleagues to use LaTeX, but not many people are willing to go through the (quick) learning curve despite recognizing and commenting on the obvious presentation differences...
Member for 8 years, 6 months
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 14 '17 at 21:02
- TeX - LaTeX 12.4k 12.4k 66 gold badges4040 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.7k 8.7k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 391 391 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 197 197 66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 135 135 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 145 Showcase TeX Typography for TUG's Calendar
- 109 texstudio: show line numbers in editor
- 58 TexStudio / TexMaker and Github
- 57 How to place object files in separate subdirectory
- 47 Controlling the 'alpha' level in a ggplot2 legend
- 43 RMarkdown: How to change the font color?
- 42 How to vertically align 3 images with subfigure?
- View more network posts →