Marcos Roriz Junior
I am a Computer Science PhD Candidate at Department of Informatics (DI) of Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio). I received my Master degree from Institute of Informatics (INF), of Federal University of Goiás (UFG). I also graduated in Computer Science from INF/UFG. I have also received my computer science bachelor degree from the same institute and university. My research area is mainly on Distributed Systems. More specifically in designs of Middleware platforms for Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing. Aside from Distributed Systems, I am also interested on Operating Systems, Computer Architecture and Networks.
On the philosophical side, I am an enthusiast of the free software movement. I think that there is enormous potential in collaboration. This potential, makes me interested in developing and contributing to free software projects.
From the tech point of view, I am interested in:
- Middleware implementations (RMI, JMS, others);
- Virtual Machines internals;
- Desktop, Web frameworks and Sensors! (SunSPOT).
- Wiki concept and Mediawiki;
- PHP and it's framework.
- Ubuntu in general;
- Package dependency problem;
- How the stuff happens down there :).
- Version control systems:
- Algorithms for checkpont and diffs;
- Implementations: Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Member for 8 years, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 31 '16 at 21:08
- Ask Ubuntu 3.3k 3.3k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.9k 1.9k 99 gold badges4646 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.2k 1.2k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 153 153 66 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 136 136 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 69 sudo: source: command not found
- 58 Java calculate hex representation of a SHA-1 digest of a String
- 57 How to center a specific caption?
- 42 How to resize JLabel ImageIcon?
- 41 Can't install PEAR on Windows 7, Structures/Graph error
- 39 How to draw arrows between parts of an equation to show the Math Distributive Property (Multiplication)?
- 31 How to make a jar file run on startup & and when you log out?
- View more network posts →