Emacs Prophet; TeX Evangelist.
I'm a TeX systems enthusiast. I don't just push serious authors to use LaTeX, but I advertise the capability of TeX systems for background-process publishing. I'm currently researching for an article on TeX in Industry.
Recommended TeX editors
- AUCTeX under Emacs. The best I've used by a wide margin. (If you have issues setting up inline preview, check out some of my questions on the issue.)
- TeXStudio (autocompletion is a little weird)
- Why download the complete TeX distribution? It's so big!
- I'm on Linux. Why install 'vanilla' TeX Live when my package repositories already contain it?
Believe me, unless you really know what you're doing, it's always simpler to just download the full, vanilla TeX Live from TUG. Space is cheap – your time is not. Don't believe me?
Funny TeX-related tidbits around the internet
It's come to my attention that all content on this site is automatically under Creative Commons -- a license not terribly useful for LaTeX. Thus, I here relicense all my TeX/LaTeX/expl3 code under the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL), version 1.3c or later. Document-embedded code (i.e. Lua, Python,
sh, etc. that is initially processed by TeX) is also licensed under the LPPL v1.3c or later.
- TeX - LaTeX 25.9k 25.9k 1111 gold badges7171 silver badges226226 bronze badges
- Emacs 6.5k 6.5k 1111 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.1k 3.1k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.9k 1.9k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Super User 980 980 11 gold badge88 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 188 Are there any open research problems in the world of TeX?
- 148 What's the difference between a normal user and a system user?
- 59 What is Metapost/Metafont and how can I get started using it?
- 40 SX -- Stack Exchange for Emacs!
- 37 How can I make a TeX file executable?
- 33 How can I create entirely new data types with BibLaTeX/Biber?
- 32 Mavericks upgrade screwed up my pdflatex (command not found)
- View more network posts →