Former student at Leiden University and now a PhD student at Tokyo Institute of Technology. My background is in statistics and biology. My PhD research involves image recognition algorithms through deep learning, but I also like to help others with experimental design and analysis.
I like regression analysis, especially GLMs, GLMMs and GAMs. I'm currently writing a free introductory book series aimed at biology/life science that I plan to make available by 2020.
Member for 3 years
2 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 at 8:04
Top network posts
- 61 Famous easy to understand examples of a confounding variable invalidating a study
- 38 Can a confounding factor hide a possible causal relationship? (as opposed to find a spurious one)
- 30 What is Bayes Error in machine learning?
- 29 When does Fisher's "go get more data" approach make sense?
- 23 Best term for made-up data?
- 22 What is a robust statistical test? What is a powerful statistical test?
- 16 Visually interesting statistics concepts that are easy to explain
- View more network posts →