Former PhD student at Tokyo Institute of Technology. My background is in statistics and biology. Now a teacher of statistics at the mathematical and biology institutes of Leiden University.
I like regression analysis, especially GLMs, GLMMs and GAMs. I'm currently writing a free introductory book series aimed at biology/life science that I plan to make available by 2020.
Member for 3 years, 8 months
2 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 '20 at 8:04
Top network posts
- 61 Famous easy to understand examples of a confounding variable invalidating a study
- 38 Can a confounding factor hide a possible causal relationship? (as opposed to find a spurious one)
- 37 What is Bayes Error in machine learning?
- 30 When does Fisher's "go get more data" approach make sense?
- 23 Best term for made-up data?
- 22 What is a robust statistical test? What is a powerful statistical test?
- 16 Visually interesting statistics concepts that are easy to explain
- View more network posts →