I am a Fall 2019 student at Virginia Tech studying for two degrees:
- Computer Science
- Applied Discrete Mathematics
I'm currently in a software assurance position as a SMART intern (a full scholarship that brutally screws over every recipient). I've specialized in a number of subfields in Computer Science including but not limited to: geospatial applications, parallelization, data analytics, machine learning, cybersecurity, computer systems, web development, and computational neuroscience.
I'm staying at Virginia Tech for the coming years to pursue a PhD in Computer Science too. My current area of interest is machine learning, but I could very well lean into one of the other topics I listed above.
At Virginia Tech, I was a teaching assistant for 4 semesters and 3 separate courses, where I sometimes gave lectures (up to 2 hours) and wrote one myself too. I also did undergrad research in machine learning resiliency to memory-based attacks and presented another poster on the clustering of protein interaction networks in human brains. I also built websites like the one my past robotics team still uses and web apps for CS 5704 (Cloud Software Engineering).
I do a lot recreationally. I primarily enjoy studying foreign languages including German, Japanese, and Mandarin so far. I have a handful of translations for music videos scattered around the Internet. I also read a lot when I find the time, and that includes textbooks I find interesting.
Blacksburg, VA, United States
Member for 2 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 10 '18 at 16:20
Top network posts
- 175 How do I use valgrind to find memory leaks?
- 8 How do I write unit tests for legacy code (that I don't understand)?
- 7 Easiest way to convert int to string in C++
- 6 Counters + inherently plural items
- 5 C++ Boost Test, package structure, and Eclipse project settings
- 5 Can my Python script distinguish between if it was run as root or if it was run through sudo?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Sep 8 '17