Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
62 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 at 14:30
- Mathematics 59.7k 59.7k 55 gold badges6565 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 8.2k 8.2k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Academia 6.1k 6.1k 1616 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 521 521 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Puzzling 406 406 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 123 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 87 If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?
- 87 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 82 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 81 My PhD defense is next week and I am having negative thoughts about my work and knowledge. Any advice on how to tackle this?
- 74 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 73 Graduate student with abysmal English writing skills, how to help
- View more network posts →