Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
62 profile views
Last seen Mar 11 at 10:54
- Mathematics 52.8k 52.8k 55 gold badges6161 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 6.7k 6.7k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Academia 5k 5k 1414 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 441 441 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Puzzling 386 386 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 120 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 86 If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?
- 86 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 82 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 73 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 73 Graduate student with abysmal English writing skills, how to help
- 65 What's new in higher dimensions?
- View more network posts →