After studying algebraic geometry, algebraic topology and category theory, after teaching mathematics and computer science in university and high school, after studying bioinformatics and implementing image analysis algorithms in a biotech start-up, I have since been working in finance, in London, Tōkyō and Hong Kong.
My preferred programming languages are R and Perl, but I try to use the best language and tools to solve the problem at hand. I also like to learn more marginal languages, such as Haskell or Oz/Mozart. I am interested in human languages, too.
Here is a selection of my answers.
Member for 8 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 29 '13 at 15:09
- Stack Overflow 29k 29k 44 gold badges6161 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.2k 1.2k 88 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 530 530 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Mathematics 319 319 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 131 131 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 83 Display / print all rows of a tibble (tbl_df)
- 47 How to optimize for integer parameters (and other discontinuous parameter space) in R?
- 46 How can I produce plots like this?
- 43 Working with neuralnet in R for the first time: get "requires numeric/complex matrix/vector arguments"
- 43 Piping stdin to R
- 41 How to retry a statement on error?
- 35 move up a frame, debug R environment
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Sep 24 '14