I work in the exascale computing division at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, California. I have a Ph.D. in computational quantum chemistry and undergraduate degrees in computer science, mathematics, and chemistry. My focus is on scientific computing and massively parallel computing, but I have tangential interests all over the place—from language design to analysis of algorithms.
I love Python and C++. I passionately hate Fortran.
I like to make computers do cool things.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
11 profile views
Last seen Sep 5 '13 at 13:39
- Stack Overflow 2.5k 2.5k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Area 51 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 682 682 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 558 558 11 gold badge55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 548 548 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 143 Is there a way to tell git to only include certain files instead of ignoring certain files?
- 122 Ruby class types and case statements
- 88 "Best" series of colors to use for differentiating series in publication-quality plots
- 27 Put a table* at the bottom of a page?
- 25 Get the size that a figure is being rendered
- 22 Which OS X Applications do you find indispensable?
- 22 Reciprocal Lattices
- View more network posts →