And the winner is: yo'! Congratulations!
As prize yo' selected a scout duck with neckerchief:
(it is already available in the development version of the tikzducks package and will be included in the next release)
In this little game you have to guess when egreg will reach a reputation of 654321 (or higher) on TeX.Stackexchange.
Put your guess in an answer (not comment) to this question before 15 January, 2018 (23:59 UTC).
The entry with the closest prediction (either + or -) will win.
Please add your time as precisely as possible (up to seconds). Missing values for hours/minutes/seconds will be replaced by 0.
If two entries state the exact same date and time, the one posted first will be considered.
Unless otherwise stated, all answers are assumed to be UTC (if you answer in some other time, it would be nice if you would already include a translation into UTC). The frame of references is Earth, exposing @egreg to time dilation (putting him on a rocket to Alpha Centauri, tuning his bike...) will not change anything.
Only one answer per user.
Contestants must have been a member of TeX.SE before 26 December, 2017.
@egreg is not allowed to participate (sorry :), but of course you can add an answer for fun!
I am excluded as well, my answer below is just for fun.
Time lords in possession of a working Tardis are also excluded.
Participants are disqualified if they offer a bounty specifically for @egreg - this means if someone offers a bounty to attract attention to a question and @egreg answers it, that's fine, offering a bounty to reward an existing answer from @egreg is also fine, you just cannot win this contest.
the winner will only be announced a day after @egreg reached this reputation, just in case some serial upvoting or similar will be corrected.
- Don't change your voting behaviour because of this contest - don't try any serial voting for @egreg. This would not help, as @egreg is reputation capped most days anyway and serial voting is automatically reversed by the site!
- Any legal action is precluded.
The winner may wish an addition to the tikzducks package. For example a new accessories, some kind of hat, clothing, a duck based on you or your avatar ... (I reserve the right to reject a wish because of moral scruples).
Currently submitted entries
Format is YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss
- 2018-03-14 15:09:26 RobtAll
- 2018-04-01 19:00:00 Tobia Tesan
- 2018-04-20 11:10:28 (corey979)
- 2018-05-01 11:23:47 Sigur
- 2018-05-04 16:04:04 CarLaTeX
- 2018-05-05 17:05:00 marmot
- 2018-05-06 03:14:15 (samcarter)
- 2018-05-06 19:04:03 mrclary
- 2018-05-07 07:05:18 BMWurm
- 2018-05-08 08:15:32 Paulo Cereda
- 2018-05-12 12:34:56 Ulrike Fischer
- 2018-05-13 07:12:00 (swarm intelligence)
- 2018-05-13 14:55:25 thewaywewalk
- 2018-05-17 10:52:00 Alan Munn
- 2018-05-17 14:58:36 anderstood
- 2018-05-18 08:05:08 yo'
- 2018-05-19 15:44:38 egreg crossed the 654321 threshold
- 2018-05-22 23:55:42 koppor
- 2018-05-23 12:00:00 Werner
- 2018-05-23 22:59:39 Axel Sommerfeldt
- 2018-05-25 18:57:00 Sverre
- 2018-06-01 00:00:00 Raoul Kessels
- 2018-09-08 08:13:32 A Feldman
- 2019-01-01 00:00:00 David Carlisle
- ????-??-?? ??-??-?? (egreg)
After excluding the first and last two entries the mean value is MJD 58251.3 -> let's see if swarm intelligence really works :)
(please tell me if I missed anything obvious in the rules section -- this is my first contest)