This question already has an answer here:

What are the, LaTeX 'tags' used on this site? Sorry, my terminology may be off.

E.g. on TeXworks on my PC its \( to open and \) to close. its \begin{equation} to open and \end{equation} to have an equation on a new line.

On physics forums its ## to open close, enter as usual for new line.

Tried a few things on here but can't get it. Tried to search for some instructions too but couldn't find.

marked as duplicate by Sean Allred, user31729, Werner, barbara beeton, David Carlisle Apr 16 '15 at 21:54

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

migrated from tex.stackexchange.com Apr 16 '15 at 17:25

This question came from our site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems.

  • Are you asking how to represent code in your questions here? For inline math, enclose in backticks (aka grave accent) x=0, and for code blocks, indent 4 spaces or highlight and click on the {} icon. – Steven B. Segletes Apr 16 '15 at 16:33
  • 5
    Welcome to TeX.SX! If this is a question about the site itself, it should be asked on meta. – Adam Liter Apr 16 '15 at 16:35
  • 1
    If you were asking about how to enter maths with LaTeX syntax on other SE sites such as Physics or Mathematics, you can refer to MathJax basic tutorial and quick reference for a guide to the supported syntax. – Paul Gessler Apr 17 '15 at 11:44

Browse other questions tagged .