(Not really sure this question belongs here. But I'll give it a shot anyway.)
I used to use
myopenid.com for identifying on the SX network, and liked it. Now that it's gone, I'm using another provider (never mind which exactly), but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I need a provider which is:
- Free to use
- Is non-commercial, or at least, has a relatively harmless business model (e.g. showing you ads on the landing page or something silly like that).
- Is stable and available.
- Can be expected to exist for a few years forward.
- Has a relatively 'upstanding' image.
- Is highly unlikely to be sending all logs to the NSA, and more generally not evil (so, not Google or Yahoo or any of those).
- Is not part of some social network website.
The last criterion is a must, since I'm connecting from behind a corporate firewall which is likely to block sites like my current provider; and so is the next-to-last criterion, for moral/political reasons.