The title really says it all...how is this number computed?
The reason and implementation for the "Accept Rate" is covered in this blog post:
In order to increase engagement between the people asking questions and the rest of the community, we’ve rolled out two new features.
The first is a “batting average”, if you will.
Below the question owner signature block, for non-community-wiki questions, we show the percent of accepted answers for that user. It won’t always appear, though. The following rules are used in the calculation:
- Questions must not be community wiki.
- Questions must not be closed.
- Questions must be more than 3 days old.
- Questions must have at least 1 answer.
- There must be at least four eligible questions as determined by the above rules, otherwise the statistic will not appear.