Suppose I want to find individuals who rank high in answering questions with certain tags. How would I frame the search query and where do I enter it?

  • 2
    Go to tags, then click on for eg: tikz-pgf, next see top users, it's categorised into 1) Top tikz-pgf Answerers 2)Top tikz-pgf Askers all time and past 30 days data. Also look at data.stackexchange.com/tex/queries. I hope this is what you need. Commented Jan 27, 2014 at 4:19
  • Data Explorer is your friend but you need to be familiar with SQL language. Commented Jan 27, 2014 at 6:06

1 Answer 1


There is no specific search query for this in the StackExchange user interface. However, to find what you're looking for, you can visit:


where you specify <tag>. Alternatively, follow

  1. Tags
  2. Hover of the tag of interest and select "Top users":

    enter image description here

  3. Resulting screen highlights a number of statistics associated with the tag, including the top askers and answerers:

    enter image description here

    Technically you don't have to do this from the tags window. You could hover over any tag you're interested in, and it will display the fly-out.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .