9

I have a large computer-generated document in which page breaks aren't appearing where I want them, despite liberal use of \pagebreak and nopagebreak. It's a real headache as even if I cut out two or three pages worth of material, it's going to be too long for a reasonable MWE. Does anyone have any clever ideas about how I might be able to condense material enough to construct a sensible question?

Edit: I finally figured out something that wasn't too bad... I'd still be interested in solutions to this, though..

  • 3
    you might try reducing the page length to accommodate only ten lines or fewer. that would still make for a largish example, but perhaps manageable. – barbara beeton Dec 13 '12 at 18:43
  • 4
    Fill the irrelevant parts via blindtext,lipsum, or kantlipsum packages and only include the problematic part near the pagebreak. – percusse Dec 13 '12 at 22:47
  • 2
    The main problem is that the 'irrelevant' parts are complex diagrams generated by a bucketload of LaTeX code. If I replace with blindtext, etc., all the page breaks shift. – Mohan Dec 14 '12 at 10:30
  • 7
    Measure them and put in \rules. – Loop Space Dec 14 '12 at 11:00
  • That sounds very promising. I'll go away and read up about measuring things. – Mohan Dec 16 '12 at 22:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .