I had a specific question: Should the authors refer to themselves as

We would like to thank the technical contribution of Dr. Sam Adams...


The authors would like to thank Dr. Sam Adams


I was wondering if tex.stackexchange.com is the right place to discuss the above question or if there's a separate stack on the art of writing (encompassing everything - technical, journalistic, text, fantasy, fiction, etc. - i.e. all types of writing).

  • 2
    No, it's not on-topic on TeX.SE. Anyway: I have seen and used the "The authors [of this paper] .." form. Commented May 22, 2012 at 6:09
  • 1
    +1 for asking on meta before just posting the question! Very considerate of you!
    – doncherry
    Commented May 22, 2012 at 9:33
  • You can also ask in the chat room if you are unsure if a question is on-topic. Commented May 22, 2012 at 11:06

1 Answer 1


The nearest match to a site dedicated to evaluating a particular text is Writers - be sure to read their FAQ.

You might also find some assistance on Academia.

  • 2
    I agree, and would actually prefer Academia in this case because it's an academic publication. TeX.SE is not the right place to ask about this. Commented May 22, 2012 at 6:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .