I've just asked a question and decided to tag it "grid-typesetting", having a vague feeling that the "grids" tag is not a best one here. Soon lockstep edited it and changed "grid-typesetting" into "grids". While I'm fine with this, I decided to check whether my feeling was right, and I think yes: the "grids" tag is used both for graphical things (usually with tikz) connected e.g. with different coordinate systems and for grid typesetting.

There's also an "ltxgrid" tag, but this is too narrow - ltxgrid is probably not the only way to do grid typesetting in LaTeX, and there's ConTeXt, too.

So: what do you think? Is a "grid-typesetting" tag needed? (If yes, I could look through the questions tagged "grids" - there are not too many of them - and retag them accordingly.)

  • 3
    I couldn't resist to remove the retagging tag. ;-)
    – lockstep
    Mar 24, 2012 at 23:13
  • @lockstep: I wanted to put only ";)" in the comment, seemingly this is impossible;).
    – mbork
    Mar 24, 2012 at 23:15
  • Any chance of accepting my answer?
    – lockstep
    Apr 29, 2012 at 9:17
  • @lockstep: you're welcome, and sorry for the delay. I usually prefer to wait with accepting, hoping for more and/or better answers - maybe too long...
    – mbork
    Apr 30, 2012 at 15:42

1 Answer 1


On the one hand, grid typesetting does involve aligning things to a coordinate system (here: determined by \baselineskip); on the other hand, it is a subject that calls for a distinct kind of expertise than "programming" diagrams with, say, TikZ. Based on the latter, I'm leaning towards a separate tag.

EDIT: ienissei and I retagged 11 questions to ; one question now features both and .

  • Please add the {grid-typesetting} tag. I am very interested in that, and not at all interested in TikZ related problems at the moment.
    – mforbes
    Apr 5, 2012 at 0:15

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .