There are currently 4 questions with the tag . Our other major bibliography style tags (apa-style, chicago-style, mla-style) all have the form <name>-style. It would seem to make sense to change to .

  • 4
    Sounds fine to me
    – Joseph Wright Mod
    May 12, 2011 at 7:01
  • @Joseph Not being a retagging expert, do I just add the harvard-style tag to the existing questions and then a mod will delete the old tag?
    – Alan Munn
    May 12, 2011 at 12:47
  • That does tend to be the way, but I think we can do this from the mod panel directly.
    – Joseph Wright Mod
    May 12, 2011 at 12:53
  • @Joseph That would be great. I'm not opposed to helping, but if you can do it with a click or two that would make more sense.
    – Alan Munn
    May 12, 2011 at 12:55

1 Answer 1


I now merged to but without creating a, IMHO unnecessary, synonym. I don't think the first form will come back. The auto-completion will show the new form when someone enters harvard.

Such tag renaming can be done by the moderator using one of the moderation tools and does not create new revisions for the tagged questions, which is the preferable way.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .