Is there any distinction between and , or can they be merged?

  • 2
    We have the clumsily named filesystem-access tag as well. Apr 14, 2011 at 5:41
  • @Charles: 'filesystem-access' can be more general, incl. reading files. It might be not that bad to have it around. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:48
  • @Martin: Could it be called just [filesystem]? Could the two writing tags be synonyms for it? I'm not sure what's best. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:58
  • @Charles: I would prefer to have one specific write tag. Tagging questions with (too) general tags would weaken their benefit. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:00

1 Answer 1


I wouldn't mind merging them. Please vote for this answer if you agree.

I would suggest the tag as master tag and merge into it incl. making it a synonym. We could also create another synonym to make sure that one doesn't pop up.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .