There are a few questions on the front page that are basically asking for advice:
- Local central figures repository
- Which font should be used for diagrams/graphs/flow charts?
- Should I include punctuation marks in \emph, or should I place those marks after the command?
I don't think that we're the right place to solicit advice. Whilst I think that "best practices" is also dubious, I think that there is a place for sharing ideas and experiences. So I would prefer it if questions like those linked above were rewritten to be one of the following types:
- Template: "My way of doing X is appalling, but I have no idea how to improve it. What do other people do to solve the problem?" (CW, of course)
- Template: "There's something not quite right about my documents; I suspect it's due to the fact that I haven't quite found the right shade of fuchsia (or spelling of it) for the background. Where can I read about how colour affects readability?"
- Template: "I was reading Mrs Cake's cookbook of typography recipes (published 2015) and came across some suggestions that look really good. However, I don't know how to implement them. How do I do X?"
I suppose I ought to have a question here somewhere.
- Do people agree with me?
- Could something based on this be put in our "unofficial FAQ"?