I was under the impression that the error is gone for the OP (because of his comment) and that it is simply the common "some stuff left in the .aux file" error (because of his and our comments). Because of the specific title of the question I also saw no general value for future occasions of the general .aux file error.
Actually I just wanted to flag it as 'too localized' to notify the other mods about it, but was then surprised that this already closed it. I know that one close vote of a mod is enough to close a question, but wasn't aware the flagging does the same. After I saw that it was closed I just let it like it was. I didn't added a comment because I thought the two comments already explained it very well. (Also I had a quite busy day at work ...)
I have no problem with reopening the question. Sorry for that.
Anyway, I can't reproduce this error as described. The file compiles fine in the first and all future runs. I tried multiple filenames.